Frigid Forage Plow Down Clover - 8.5 lbs
Frigid Forage Plow Down Clover Blend - 8.5lbs Plants 1 Acre
Frigid Forage Plow Down Clover is a blend of fast growing annual and bi-annual clovers formulated to provide a cover crop for any plot that you intend to plant a late season annual such as Big n Beasty. As the name implies, Plow-Down is planted in the Spring and then plowed under when you are ready to re-plant the field.
Benefits of using Plow-Down Clover as a cover crop.
- Weed Suppression. Crowd out unwanted weeds and keep them from overtaking your plot.
- Provides usable nitrogen for your next planting helping to reduce fertilizer requirements.
- Protect soil surface from erosion.
- Loosens hard soil as roots grow into compacted areas.
- Improves water absorption by preventing the crusting of the soil surface causing rain to run-off.
- Prevents unwanted insects and pests.
- Provides summer forage for your deer and other wildlife.
- “Green Manure” When the clover is plowed under as you are preparing to re-plant the field, the buried plants will act as green manure for your plot. As the plants decay they will provide beneficial organic material for your soil along with much needed nutrients.
1a crop grown for the protection and enrichment of the soil.
Seeding rate is 8-10 lbs/acre. Contains: A mixture of clovers.
These blends and individual seeds are guaranteed and meet all the requirements and specifications of the US Dept of Agriculture. Each package lists the percent breakdown of the seed varieties in each pack. Each package is attractive for the customer, and contains information such as site preparation, planting instructions, plot maintenance, fertilizing, mowing, etc.
Frigid Forage Plow Down Clover
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This stuff grows like crazy. Should help regenerate my soil